Now that you have created your account and set up both your sales channels and accounting solution connections, you are ready to configure your workspace.
Simply follow the steps below.
Adjust Your Settings
1. Specify how transactions from your sales channels will be entered into your accounting solution. To start, navigate to Settings > Accounting. Then you will need to determine how you would like to post your transactions to your accounting solution.
2. If you want to record each customer and item-level detail, select Every Order Individually as a Sales Receipt. Read this article for guidance on recommended settings.
3. If you want to keep things minimal and not have every order in your accounting solution, choose Summary as a Journal Entry. With this option, Webgility will summarize the revenue and expenses with every payout you receive, and neatly create journal entries so your books are accurate.
4. Once you’ve saved your settings, go to the Account Mapping tab. This is where you will map various categories of income and fees to the right account in your accounting solution.
5. This is also where you will enable product cost of goods sold, which we recommend enabling to help you better understand profitability.
6. Once your settings are complete, you are ready to move on to the next step.
Test Your Entries
7. Test your first entry and check in your accounting solution to ensure your settings are correct. To do this, go to the Accounting in the upper left navigation. This is where you will be able to review all of your transactions before you post them to your accounting solution.
8. If you selected Summary as a Journal Entry in step one, you will see your settlements or payouts listed here. If you selected Every Order Individually as a Sales Receipt, each separate order will be shown here. Then you can sort by any column, search by date range, or filter by posting status.
9. The deposit column will match what you see for the payout in your store and your bank account. Additionally, you can click on any date to see a preview before posting.
10. If you have product cost of goods sold enabled, click the Product COGS tab to set those up.
11. Once complete, select an order and click Post to test your first entry. Once you have tested a few postings, you can automate this sync.
For more details on posting orders, read this article.
Set Up Automation
12. Once everything is configured, set Webgility to automatically sync your data. To do this, navigate to Settings > Automation. Here you can set Webgility to automatically sync your data daily. You can also enable email notifications so you receive an email summary showing what was posted.
13. Be sure to save your selections. For more information on automation within Webgility, read this article.