Encountering an error while trying to post orders to QuickBooks? This issue often arises when the address details exceed QuickBooks' limit of five lines for the address block. The address block includes fields like street address, city, state, zip code, and country. Here's a step-by-step guide to resolve this error:
To Resolve the Error:
1. Condense the Address Information: Shorten or abbreviate address fields to fit within the five-line limit. For instance, you can use abbreviations for street names or remove unnecessary details.
2. Rearrange the Fields: Experiment with different arrangements of address fields to find one that fits within the five-line limit.
3. Remove Unnecessary Fields: If there are extra address fields, such as a second street address or an apartment number, remove them to fit within the five-line limit.
4. Use a Different Format: Explore alternative address formats, such as combining fields or using abbreviations, to ensure they fit within the five-line limit.
1. Open the affected order in Webgility.
2. Identify fields that can be adjusted or removed to shorten the address.
3. Make necessary adjustments, such as abbreviating the state name or removing redundant fields. For instance, if the zip code is already provided, consider removing the city name. Likewise, substitute the full state name with its abbreviation or change "United States" to "US". Additionally, remove any other redundant fields.
4. Save the changes.
Note: If you want Webgility to automatically abbreviate the state name, follow the steps mentioned in this article.
5. Try posting the order to QuickBooks again.
By following these steps, you should be able to successfully post orders to QuickBooks without encountering further errors related to address lines. If issues persist or if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Support team.