This article explains how to replace the QuickBooks Desktop file with a different file in Webgility Desktop.
IMPORTANT: Please note that replacing the QuickBooks file may cause you to lose all of your existing posting settings and configurations in Webgility Desktop. It is recommended that you create a backup of your Webgility database before proceeding.
Prerequisites: Make sure that you have closed the previous QuickBooks file.
Click on the "File" menu in QuickBooks and select “Close Company/Log Off”.
Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
Click on the “Details” tab in Task Manager.
If Quickbooks is closed completely then you won’t find QBW32.exe running under the processes or details tab.
If you see the QBW32.exe then select it and click on the end task.
Once done, restart Quickbooks and open the new QuickBooks company file.
Find the Quickbooks File Path:
Open QuickBooks Desktop as an admin and the company file you want to copy the path for.
Press F2 (or Ctrl+1) on your keyboard to open the Product Information window in QuickBooks.
Look in the File Information section. This tells you where your company file is saved on your hard drive.
Highlight and copy the path shown in this section and paste it into a notepad.
5. Click on OK
Replacing the Quickbooks file in Webgility Desktop:
1. In Webgility Desktop, navigate to Integrations> Accounting/POS/ERP> Edit Connection.
2. Select the correct Quickbooks version in the Accounting/POS/ERP software dropdown. Paste the QuickBooks file path that you copied earlier. Select Single user mode and click Test QuickBooks Connection.
3. You’ll receive an Application Certificate popup in QuickBooks. Select Yes, always, and allow access even if QuickBooks isn’t running. Then select ‘Admin’ from the dropdown for ‘Login as’ and click Continue.
4. Click Done on the next pop-up window.
5. Once connected successfully, you will receive a message stating that you are successfully connected to QuickBooks. Click OK, then Save.
6. You will receive a warning message. Click on “Ok”.