Improve Performance of Webgility Desktop
There could be several reasons that lead to the slow performance of the Webgility Desktop application, Here are a few reasons:
Large volumes of data: If you have a large amount of data to sync, it can slow down the performance of Webgility Desktop.
Network connectivity: Poor network connectivity or internet speed can also cause slow performance.
Computer hardware: If your computer hardware is outdated or insufficient to handle the demands of Webgility Desktop, it may slow down performance.
Other running applications: If you have other applications running in the background, they can also affect the performance of Webgility Desktop.
Webgility Desktop settings: Incorrectly configured or poorly optimized Webgility Desktop settings can also cause slow performance.
Bugs or glitches: Occasionally, software bugs or glitches can cause slow performance or crashes in Webgility Desktop.
1. To ensure that Webgility Desktop runs smoothly on your system, please refer to the help article linked below for information on the required system configuration.
2. In the Task Manager window, check the memory usage of other applications. To ensure optimal performance, the usage should be between 70% and 80% for Webgility to operate smoothly.
3. To check if SQL logs are consuming space on your drive and delete them, follow the steps below:
Open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the "Local Disk C" drive.
Open the "Program Files" file.
Open the "Microsoft SQL Server" file.
Open the "MSSQL" file with your Webgility database.
Open the "MSSQL" file within your database folder.
Open the "Logs" folder and delete any unnecessary SQL logs. Please delete the highlighted SQL logs only.
4. Please restart the SQL Server services, you can follow these steps:
Open Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the "Services" section.
Search for the SQL Server service corresponding to your database name.
Right-click on the SQL Server service.
Select "Restart" from the context menu that appears.
This should initiate the restart of the SQL Server service, allowing you to resume normal database operations.
Note: Please refer to this link on "How to Restart SQL Services”
5. To shrink your Webgility Database size and limit the creation of SQL logs, please run the DBUtility for Webgility software using the following steps:
To perform the database upgrade, ensure that you log out and close both the Webgility application and the Webgility Scheduler. If there are multiple users, make sure to do this on all systems.
To locate the folder where Webgility is installed, navigate to the Webgility Installation folder. You can find this folder by right-clicking on the Webgility shortcut icon on your desktop.
After locating the Webgility Installation folder, search for the file named UnifyDBUtlility.exe and double-click on it to execute it.
Please wait for the prompt indicating that the database has been optimized before proceeding further.
Note: Please ensure that you do not stop the DBUtility process or shut down your computer while it is running. Additionally, make sure that your Webgility database size is below 5GB before running the DBUtility file. If your database size is more than 5GB, do not run the DBUtility file.
Feel free to let reach us in case you still need any assistance from us.