Webgility supports the following shipping carriers for processing shipments from within the software:
USPS via Stamps.com or Endicia Label Server
Workflows for shipping using any of the above carriers are the same within Webgility.
Basic Shipping Workflows
1. To ship an order with Webgility, select one or more orders from the Orders View and click Process Shipping in the lower bar. If you do not see this button, then you either do not have Shipping Configured or do not have it included in your Webgility subscription.
2. Alternatively, you can ship directly from the Order Detail by clicking Edit in the shipping section.
3. Once you have selected to process the shipment for an order, you are taken to Shipment Details. This will be the main hub for defining how an order ships.
4. There are five main areas in the shipping module:
Order List: Here you will see the list of orders you have brought in for processing. If you have brought in multiple orders, typing the order number into the search box will bring it up. The status on orders will flow from Unshipped, to Ready, to Ship, and finally to Shipped, when the label is printed.
Single versus Multiple Packages: This section of the shipping module allows you to divide a single order into a multi-package shipment.
Addressee and Shipper Information: The addressee information is pulled from the order itself while the sender information is your store location.
Shipment Details: This area will allow you to define how an order ships. The options in this area can be pre-selected based on the shipping rules you have configured.
Additional Carrier Services: Once you have settled on a shipment carrier and method, this area will fill with additional options to apply to the order. These will vary based on the carrier, but generally include things like extra insurance, required signatures, or additional shipment notification.
Set Shipment Details
1. The selections here are preset to your default shipping rule, or if you have configured a Custom Rule that applies to the order, those settings will be selected. Either way, all options here are changeable. Bolded options are required in order to process a shipment.
2. Click Get Rates to see the available ways this carrier can ship the package based on what was selected above. For example, if shipping via USPS and your package weighs over 15 oz, you will not see options for shipping via first class mail, even if it is the method you have selected.
3. Once you have selected the carrier service and any additional Add On Details, click Generate Label in the lower left.
4. Optional: Instead of Generate Label, click Save Shipment in the lower left. This will change the shipping status to Ready to Ship.
5. When at the Ready to Ship status you can move on to other orders and prepare them to ship.
6. When you are ready to print labels, check the boxes next to the orders that are ready to ship. Then click Generate Label to have the labels printed in bulk.
7. Once the labels are printed, you will receive a pop-up indicating success.
8. The tracking ID, Method, and Carrier will be attached to the order. You can then send this to your online store so the end customer can track the package.