This configuration is only applicable for Webgility 9.0 and above, as well as QuickBooks Enterprise.
To connect the store you will first need to turn on Multi-Currency in QuickBooks Enterprise. You can do this by going to QuickBooks and navigating to Edit > Preferences > Multiple Currencies. Go to the Company Preferences tab then select Yes, I use more than one currency. From the drop-down, select your preferred currency.
In Webgility Desktop go to Integrations > Stores > Add. A window will pop-up. For Select store you will need to choose the Amazon store that matches the currency of your Amazon orders. Under give your store a name, provide an identifying name. Then click Continue.
United States (US), Canada (CAD) and Mexico (MX) currencies are all located in the same Amazon store and only require one connection.
European Union (EU) and United Kingdom (UK) currencies will each need a separate Amazon store connection.
For more information on connecting your Amazon store, read here.
3. In Connect to Your Store, you will need to select Enable Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and then once again choose the Amazon store type that matches your currency. For example, Amazon.com for United States currency, Amazon.ca for Canadian currency. Click Continue.
Note: each selection will then show as a tab in the Expenses & Fees settings in Webgility.
4. Navigate to Integrations > Advanced Settings, then click the tab for Other. Select the checkbox for Create Transaction based on Sales Channel then click Save, and then Close.
Note: the transaction settings shown below are the recommended settings for Amazon. Learn more about configuring these settings, here.
5. Navigate to Orders > Posting Rules and under Select the transaction type for posting orders, select Post differently based on sales channel. This is where you will set invoices to post to a bank account in QuickBooks.
You will need to configure these sales channels to be the same currency as the channel. The last sales channel to set is Anything Else. This pulls in all other channels that you have not yet specified or are currently unknown, and typically follows your settings for your most used channel.
Note: It is important to configure the Anything Else channel as you will not be able to save any of your settings without it being updated.
6. For USD currency, in Setup Transaction Settings, the US account invoice settings will need to have the Deposit to account set to a clearing or holding bank account matching USD currency in QuickBooks.
7. For CAD currency, in Setup Transaction Settings the CAD account invoice settings will need to have the Deposit to account set to a clearing or holding bank account matching CAD currency in QuickBooks.
8. Navigate to Posting Settings > Customers, where you need to set a default customer for If no matching customer is found. The Amazon customer in QuickBooks needs to match the currency set here.
9. Under Multiple currency settings, select the checkbox for Map customer currency to map each customer to the proper currency. Then click Setup Currency. This will show a pop-up for Map Currency.
10. In Map Currency select to Map by Store Currency. Then match Currency, A/R Account and Deposit to Account with the set Store Currency. Then click Save & Close.
11. Next, select Setup Standard Customer to map the currency for the Customer. You will need to set up a customer type for each currency. In QuickBooks the customer will also need to be set to the correct currency.
12. Now navigate to Posting Settings > Expenses & Fees and under Record expenses & fees as consolidated by settlement ID select the checkbox to Post settlement report as per sales channel. Once selecting this you will be shown the settings for the different store currencies previously setup in the store connection settings.
What tabs are shown depends on what you have configured. For the example below, Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, and Other Transaction. For each tab that is shown under Specify how to record transaction expenses in QuickBooks and Specify how to record refund transactions in QuickBooks, you will need to configure it with the matching bank account and the correct currency. To do this click Setup.
13. Upon clicking Setup for accounts under Specify how to record transaction expenses in QuickBooks the Transaction Options Check will pop-up for that particular channel. For Amazon.com transaction fees will be set to the USD clearing account.
14. For Amazon.ca the transaction fees will be set to the Amazon CAD clearing account.
15. For Other Transactions the fees will be set to the default Amazon USD clearing account.
Note: If more separation is needed for each channel and currency, separate classes and expense accounts can be added to the Expense details section for the fees Account and Class.
14. Upon clicking Setup for accounts under Specify how to record refund transactions in QuickBooks the Transaction Options Check/Deposit will pop-up for that particular channel. For Amazon.com check refund transactions will be set to the USD clearing account.
15. For Amazon.com deposit refund transactions are set below to the USD clearing account.
16. Once you have completed each Setup for each individual transaction type and group, you will need to configure one last one as Credit Memo. Next to Credit Memo click the Setup button to configure the credit memo for the correct currency for A/R account and clearing account.
17. Select the accurate option for each section. A/R account is required, while the remaining sections are optional. Click Save, then click Save & Close in the Expenses and Fees section.