Webgility is updated frequently to meet the demands and evolution of the technologies that Webgility is integrated with, as well as the needs of our customers. Updates may add new features or enhance existing ones or to resolve issues and fix bugs.
Before updating to a newer version of Webgility be sure to:
Log all Webgility users out of the software
Turn off the Webgility Scheduler
Create a database backup. Not sure how? Learn here.
Update all workstations to the latest version before logging back in.
1. Login to Webgility and note the version number in the upper left corner of the screen. In the upper right corner, you will see the user control menu. Click the down arrow next to the initial to access the menu.
2. Click My Account. This will launch a new window that will show your account details within the software.
3. In this My Account window, click Manage my account located on the right hand side. This will launch a new web browser window that will take you to your account management area. Now, close Webgility completely.
4. Once you're in the browser, locate the Downloads section (you may also see a bar on the top of the screen indicating to download the latest version). Here you will find the link to the installer as well as the current version number.
5. Click the latest version of Webgility under Software to begin the download. Depending on your browser, a zip file may appear on the bottom left corner.
6. Open your downloads folder on your computer, find the WebgilityDownloader.zip file, right click the file and select Extract All to extract the file you downloaded.
7. Open the newly extracted folder, and within it is a subfolder, also named WebgilityDownloader. Here you will need to right-click on the WebgilityDownloader Application and select Open.
8. This will download the core components of the software needed to update the workstation. This may take several minutes depending on your internet speed.
9. Once the download finishes, you will be guided through an installation wizard. Follow the below screens to fully install the upgrade. Click Yes when asked about re-installing.
10. The installation wizard will then remove the outdated elements of the software and the license agreement will appear. Accept the agreement and click Next to continue.
11. Click Yes to confirm the location.
12. Click Next to confirm the start menu folder for the software.
13. If you would like to place a shortcut on your desktop leave the box checked here and click Next, otherwise uncheck and click Next.
14. You are now ready to begin installing the updated software on your computer! To proceed with the installation, click Install.
15. You’re almost done. Now the software will begin to install on your computer, this process may take several minutes.
16. Once the installation is complete, click Finish to launch the Webgility software.