The below settings are for posting an unpaid invoice. The invoices will be marked as paid when the payment for an order appears in a settlement report.
1. Navigate to Integrations > Accounting/POS/ERP > Posting Settings, then go to Orders.
2. Under Select the transaction type for posting orders choose Use this type for all orders, then select Invoice as the transaction type.
3. Next click the checkbox next to Create payment when settlement report post (for Invoice only) when posting a settlement report.
4. Select Invoice as the transaction type. Then check the option for Create Payment. For Payment date as: choose Settlement Deposit Date.
5. In Setup Transaction Settings in the invoice tab click the checkbox to Mark invoice paid?
6. Then for Deposit To choose Amazon Holding.
Note: these steps should be done before downloading any orders.
1. Navigate to Integrations > Stores > Settings.
2. Make sure to select Completed and Shipped if the user downloads FBA orders. Do not select Don’t download orders with 0 amount.
Verify your taxes and make sure to check Do not download tax for States for states where Amazon collects a facilitator tax. This needs to be done before starting downloading orders and Settlement Reports.
Expenses & Fees Settings
1. Navigate to Integrations > Accounting/POS/ERP > Posting Settings, then go to Expenses & Fees.
2. Under Do you want to record expenses and fees click Yes.
3. Under Record expenses & fees as consolidated by settlement ID, select Yes. It is recommended that you use Checks for the transactions for all fees.
4. For refund transactions, it is recommended that you create Check/Deposit to record refunds.
5. Select the checkbox to Download individual Coupon code as Coupon fee?
6. Then select the checkbox to Create Inventory Adjustment for FBA Inventory Reimbursement if the user wants to track FBA inventory for damaged, lost, etc FBA products.
7. All transaction setups will be configured similarly. Below are the recommended settings for the Checks on transaction expenses.
8. For Bank Account choose the Clearing/Holding account that was selected for invoice payment creation.
9. Set the Check Date as the Deposit Date. The expense account should be set to an Amazon expense account for tracking.
10. For Refund transactions, you need to set up both a check and a deposit for reimbursements.
11. Select the same bank account for checks as you did for the Clearing/Holding account for invoice payment creation.
12. Set the check date as the deposit date to record refund expenses.
13. For the deposit settings, set the Deposit to account as the same Clearing/Holding account which was used for the invoice payment creation.
14. Set Deposit Date as date of the transaction in accounting under deposit settings.
15. If users do not want to track inventory for FBA returns then for return item price create Check/Deposit with the above settings.
16. If users want to track inventory for FBA returns then use a credit memo instead of a Check/Deposit option for the item price.
17. Set the deposit date as the date of credit memo, and account to the same Clearing/Holding account which was set for the payment of invoice.