Set Up Consolidated Posting in Webgility Desktop
Consolidated posting, also known as batch posting, enables you to post several orders as one transaction rather than several individual transactions in your accounting software.
If your order volume is high, we recommend posting your sales as consolidated transactions in your accounting software under a Standard Customer.
Using consolidated posting, you won't have to check a significant number of individual transactions in your accounting solution to reconcile your sales income. It will also help keep the size of your accounting database under control.
You can consolidate your online sales Daily, Weekly, or Monthly based on your need and order volume.
How to Set Up Consolidation
1. Navigate to Integration> Accounting / POS / ERP> Posting Settings.
2. Access Orders> Posting Rules> Post Orders in Groups.
Once you choose your consolidation settings, two more options are visible.
The first option is Group By. This allows you to choose either Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Manually.
For Daily/Weekly/Monthly, you'll need to enable the scheduler (automation) to post orders as consolidated transactions.
While using the Manual option, you'll be able to select multiple orders from the Orders Tab and post them as a consolidated transaction.
The second option is Grouping Start Date. This is where we set the date for the scheduler to start posting orders as consolidation.
Recommended Settings for Consolidation
1. It is recommended that you select Daily consolidation, though you do have the option to use weekly, monthly, or manually.
Note: if you choose Manually, the Transaction Date will be the Order Posting Date instead of the actual Order Date.
2. You won't be able to use the Prompt to Map an Item option with consolidation postings for products that are not matched.
(Note: In the case of Group/Consolidated postings of transactions, a few of the options from the Optional Settings menu will not be available for posting, e.g., print packing slip after posting to QuickBooks, set subtotal item before tax line item, Set the subtotal item after the order. Line items, Set the order transaction class the same as the item transaction class, and set the order item price first when group items are posted as individual items, (Do not set the store price in the transaction; do not post an order if there is an out-of-stock quantity in QuickBooks.)
5. Because Webgility is grouping the orders, and orders may have different customers, you will need to select the option Use this customer for all orders.
Note: this setting is required if you are using consolidated posting.
6. You must select Record sales tax calculated from the online store as a line item in QuickBooks.
(Note: During group/consolidated posting, “override customer matching”,” "create a customer Job” and the option “To create a new customer in QuickBooks” will not be available.)
7. Additionally, you can set the buffer of consolidation by navigating to Integrations> Stores> Advanced Settings> Other. This option will help with the automation of batching orders that were not posted in QuickBooks due to the fact that they were downloaded at a later date in Webgility.
For example, if an order from February 21, 2023, was downloaded in Webgility on February 24, 2023, then ideally the automation would skip that order because it has already moved to the current date, and hence any order from February 21, 2023, would stay in the New Orders tab.
8. For Weekly, Monthly, and Daily consolidation options, you will need to make an adjustment to the Webgility Scheduler settings so Webgility will automatically group the orders.
9. If you set the Manual option, you will need to select the orders that need to be grouped and click Post to QuickBooks. Webgility will ask for a confirmation and then create the consolidated transaction. You can set Remember this action if you do not want to provide confirmation every time.