How To Map Products via .CSV File with Webgility Online
Ensuring smooth transaction posting and product syncing requires SKUs to point to the correct QuickBooks Items.
Mapping items via a CSV file is an effective way to bulk map the SKUs that do not match their respective QuickBooks items.
Simply follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare a .csv file to bulk import product mappings in Webgility Online
I. How to identify the list of total number of items that do not match based on the product matching criteria setup:
1. Go to Products> Product Catalog, and select the Refresh Data icon at the top right to update the Product Catalog Report with the latest items from both the online store and QuickBooks Online.
2. After generating the latest report, Open the list of unmatched products from Webgility by navigating to Products> Product Catalog> Missing.
3. Inside the Missing Tab, you’ll see the list of SKUs that do not match with the QuickBooks Item Name/Number based on the matching criteria set inside the Product Settings.
II. How to export the missing items list and mapping template:
1. Export an Excel spreadsheet file containing non-matching products by clicking on the Export Product option from the top right, and opening the corresponding file in Microsoft Excel or a similar program. You will receive a popup notification upon successful export.
2. This Excel sheet contains the list of online store items that do not match with any items of QuickBooks Online.
3. Now, export the Product Mapping template from the Missing Tab by selecting the Export Mapping option.
The below image is an example of the Item Mapping Template file.
III. How to Map items in CSV file
Copy SKUs and store item names from the Store Items List spreadsheet. Paste them in the item mapping template csv as per steps below:
1. Update Store SKU under the "StoreSKU" & "ReplacementItemName" columns.
2. The Store item name under the "StoreItemName" column.
3. Update QuickBooks item name under the "QBItemName" column, including store profile name, status ("Valid" always), and ItemType (as in QuickBooks).
4. Save the CSV after updates.
IV. Import the CSV file
1. Now navigate back to Products> Product Catalog> Missing, click on the Import Mapping option, and then it will ask you to browse the Excel file in CSV format so browse it from the required location and click on Next.
2. Next, select the correct store profile for importing item mappings. Map Webgility Online field names with CSV file columns, ensuring accurate configuration. Click "Import" once completed.
3. As soon as you click on the Import button it will start performing some backend processes.
4. After importing, a success message will display "Item mappings Imported" along with the number of records imported, items successfully mapped, and any error-faced mappings. Click "Done" to conclude.
5. Now you can refresh the page of the web browser and verify the newly mapped items by again navigating to Products> Product Catalog> Mapped.
6. It will show you the list of mapped products between the Online Store and QuickBooks.