We recommend using line items for posting Shopify and PayPal fees. Why? This shows the fees taken out of the transaction itself, and minimizes the amount of data being pushed to QuickBooks.
1. To set up the fees go to Integrations > Accounting/POS/ERP > Settings.
2. In the configuration menu navigate to Expenses & Fees.
2. To enable recording fees select I want to record payment fees.
3. If you need to create the item in your QuickBooks, it should be a Non-Inventory Part and the associated account should be Payment Processor Fees or a similar account.
4. After creating the item, click the refresh icon in the lower right corner of the configuration screen.
5. Once you have the item ready. Select I want to record payment fees and I want to refund recorded payment fees.
6. Then set them both as a line item to the Shopify Fees item you just created.
Note: PayPal fees are setup the same way, but should go to a different line item in the transaction.
7. Once finished Save & Close .
Note: The changes completed here will only affect future downloaded orders, not orders already existing in the Webgility Desktop database. To make these fees show in these orders they will have to be un-synced and re-downloaded, then reposted to QuickBooks.