Once you have shipping and/or payment processors connected to Webgility, you will need to configure how they will post into your QuickBooks company file.
To access these settings go to the Settings Gear icon in the lower left and select Accounting.
2. Once in the accounting configuration menu select Fees.
3. If you have both a Payment Processor and a Shipping Processor connected, you will see options for setting both up. If you have only one, you will see only one.
When posting Payment Processor fees you have two options, either as a line item on the order which is displayed as a negative amount in the transaction, or as an entirely separate transaction.
1. First, select the item you wish to use in your QuickBooks for the fees.
2. If one does not yet exist you can use the interface to create one in QuickBooks.
3. Or you can create it in QuickBooks and then click Refresh Settings. Then select it from the drop down list.
4. Once selected, click Save.
1. Click the Arrows next to Shipping Fees to expand the area.
2. The shipping fee needs to be set up as a separate transaction because the order may happen days or weeks before an item is shipped. When shipping fees are posted they are posted as either paid or unpaid bills.
When setting up the unpaid bill you need to select the parameters around the bill creation including the vendor and terms. Unpaid bills will have to be marked as paid manually in QuickBooks.
Paid bills have a few more options. In addition to the items for the terms and vendor, you will need to select a deposit account used for both the payment and any potential fee refund, and a payment date.
After you have made your selections click Save at the bottom.
Posting Payment Processor Fees
Payment processor fees will automatically post when you post, or have the automation post, an order to your QuickBooks. If you have posted orders to QuickBooks before connecting and configuring your payment processor you will need to un-sync the orders and then re-sync them to QuickBooks.
Posting Shipping Fees
Shipping fees are posted separately as they may come in sometime after an order is placed.
To post the fees, navigate to Accounting > Shipping Expenses.
2. Next you will see all unposted shipping fees. To post them select one or more by utilizing the check boxes in the left column. Then click Post to QuickBooks in the lower left.
3. If there are fees which you do not wish to post you will need to ignore them. Select the shipping fees you wish to ignore then click the Actions drop down menu. Select IGNORE and then click the OK when it appears.